As exhibitors, we spend most of our time double and triple checking our trade show checklist in hopes that everything runs smoothly. Consequently, we become so focused on the small details that we forget about the basics. But, basic trade show booth etiquette is what determines who, how many, and how long attendees stay at our booth, and ultimately the show’s success.
Below, we‘ve listed the 7 guidelines for trade show booth etiquette basics you should never forget.
7 Guidelines for Basic Trade Show Booth Etiquette
1. Introduction Lesson 101:
• Make eye contact
• Shake hands
2. Dressing for Success:
• Do your research and make sure your team wears the appropriate trade show attire at the show. Tattoos should be covered and nontraditional piercings should be removed.
3. Personal Hygiene:
• Go easy on the cologne or perfume
• Bring mints
• Use extra deodorant
4. Never Ignore Attendees:
• If you can’t make time for every attendee that approaches your booth, then hire trade show models to assist you. Not sure how to hire a trade show model? Read our blog post on how to hire the right trade show model for your booth.
5. Never Leave Your Booth Unattended:
• Make sure that at least one member of your trade show staff is present at your booth at all times to collect and generate trade show leads.
6. Stay Off Your Mobile Phone:
• When attendees approach your booth, put down your mobile phone and interact with them face-to-face.
7. Educate Attendees:
• Make sure your trade show team members know the ins and outs of your company and what goals you are trying to accomplish. You team should be prepared for any question attendees may present at your booth.
Help out fellow exhibitors- tell us what other basic trade show etiquette rules your team follows.