Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the most FAQs we receive from both clients and models. Please take a moment to look over the answers below and see if they answer any of your questions.
Still have a question that isn't answered? Contact us and we'll be happy to answer it for you!
- Do I pay before or after the event?
- What type of staff do you hire?
- How does your booking process work?
- How far in advance should I book staff for my event?
- Why should my company hire trade show models or brand ambassadors?
- How much does it cost to hire a promotional model?
- What are your regular business hours?
- Where is your company based?
- Does Vantage Advertising have open casting calls?
- Does it cost anything to sign up?
- What kind of photos should I provide with my new model submission?
- How will I know if my submission has been approved?
- How do I get contacted for promo work?
- I respond to many events stating that I am available and interested in working, but I have yet to be selected to work. What am I doing wrong?
- Once I am booked, do I have to fill out any paperwork?
- How long does it take for Vantage Advertising to pay their models?
- Do you have a Cancellation Policy?
- How do I remove my account?
What type of staff do you hire?
We hire staff ranging from: Brand Ambassadors, Samplers, Promotional Models, Street Teams, Booth Hostesses, to Crowd Gathers, Costume Characters, Runway Models, Product Demonstrators, Servers and Bilingual & Multilingual Models. We have any and all types of staff to make your event a success.
How does your booking process work?
To begin booking with Vantage Advertising, please complete our Quote Request Form. Once you have submitted this form, one of our dedicated Account Executives will contact you and begin your booking process.
How far in advance should I book staff for my event?
There is no set timeline as to how far in advance you should hire models to work you event, but generally speaking, promotional models are booked very quickly for large events. Therefore, if you are attending a large event, it is in your best interest to book models 10-12 weeks in advance in order to hire the most qualified promotional models for your booth. If you are organizing, or attending a smaller event it is best to book models 4-6 weeks before your event begins.
Why should my company hire trade show models or brand ambassadors?
Brand Ambassadors can:
- Double and triple the amount of leads you generate at each event.
- Keep attendees engaged at your booth until your Sales Representative is able to speak with them.
- Attract attention to your booth.
- Mange games, promotions and giveaways.
- Bring life, excitement and energy to your booth.
How much does it cost to hire a promotional model?
Rates vary depending on event location, hours, attire, experience, and model responsibilities. Please contact us and a devoted Account Executive will prepare a price quote based on your event staffing needs today!
What are your regular business hours?
Our corporate office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 6:00pm (EST). If you need to reach us outside our normal business hours please call 315.350.3058 and our call forwarding system will locate a customer service representative.
Does Vantage Advertising have open casting calls?
Currently, Vantage Advertising does not have open casting calls. If you are interested in working with us please complete our new model submission form. Once your submission has been accepted, you will begin receiving emails about upcoming events in your area.
Does it cost anything to sign up?
Vantage Advertising is completely free for models to join. Simply complete our new model submission form and your profile will be reviewed for acceptance.
- Must be in .jpg or .gif format
- Must be a recent photo taken within the last 6 months
- Must have at least on clear head shot and one clear body shot
- Must not be comp cards, zed cards, or other collages
- Must not exceed 1 MB per image
- Must not contain watermarks, logos, or any other marks on the photos due to potential copyright infringement
- Nude, mostly nude, and tasteless poses are not acceptable
How will I know if my submission has been approved?
After we review your information, a Vantage Advertising Representative will contact you to discuss your qualifications. Afterwards, you will then receive an email stating whether or not your profile has been accepted into our database for upcoming promotional modeling opportunities.
How do I get contacted for promo work?
Once you have been accepted into our database, you will begin receiving emails about upcoming events in your area. By replying to our emails with your first and last name, we will submit you for each event you are available and interested in working. It is then up to each client, not Vantage Advertising, to select the model they wish to work with.
I respond to many events stating that I am available and interested in working, but I have yet to be selected to work. What am I doing wrong?
The promotional modeling industry is highly competitive. For any given event our client may have anywhere between 10 to 50 different models to select from. To improve your chances of being selected, we highly recommend you view our Tips for Getting Hired webpage. Here you can find tips and ideas on ways to improve your profile and increase your bookings with Vantage Advertising.
Once I am booked, do I have to fill out any paperwork?
Prior to working your first event, you must fill out and sign the Vantage Advertising Promotional Modeling Agreement and IRS W-9 Form. This will be emailed to you by your Vantage Advertising Representative, and is signed electronically. The entire process only takes 5-10 minutes, and is very simple.
How long does it take for Vantage Advertising to pay their models?
The average processing time for a standard invoice payment is 5 -10 business days. For faster payment processing we also accept PayPal invoices, which can take anywhere from 1-5 business days.
Do you have a Cancellation Policy?
At Vantage Advertising we have a mutual Cancellation Policy in place to protect both the models and clients we work with. If a model is booked for an event and has to drop out without a 48 hour verbal notice, he or she will be charged a $100 cancellation fee. If a model is booked for an event and Vantage Advertising has to cancel without a 48 hour verbal notice, the model is subject to receive a $100 cancellation fee.
How do I remove my account?
o If you would like to remove your account, you can login into your profile at any time using the login link in the upper right hand corner at the top of the page. Under Account Settings find and select the "Remove My Profile" button. You will then receive an email confirmation stating that you have successfully been removed from our system.
Questions? Contact one of our dedicated Account Representatives today.
Creative trade show ideas on how to increase booth traffic, generate leads, and differentiate your booth.