3. Trivia With a Twist
This is a classic trade show game with a modern twist! In this modernized version of trivia questions, use social media to promote and ask trivia questions about your industry and brand. The trivia question can relate to your brand’s product, the industry, or can be completely random!
Here are the rules to Trivia with a Twist:
- Participants must follow your brand on social media.
- Participants must respond to your trivia questions by tweeting at your brand’s handle with the correct answer or replying to your social post.
- Once an hour, a winner will be randomly selected from those participants that answered correctly.
- Winners will be notified that they have won via a private message.
4. Is That Your Final Trade Show Answer?
If you’re looking for a game that’s not on the internet, away from social media, and focused your trade show booth’s live happenings, then try incorporating questions from your industry into a popular game show.
The concept behind this game is to incorporate unique information from your industry that is repackaged into exciting and competitive questions that mirror a popular TV game show. Because, let’s be honest, who wouldn’t love to answer industry based questions that are asked in a TV game show such as Deal, or No deal, Jeopardy, or Minute to Win it?
The key to this game is to make sure that some of the questions are about your brand. Otherwise, what’s the point? Whether the questions are true or false, multiple choice, or timed, it doesn’t matter. What really matters is making sure that while attendees are having fun playing the game, they are also learning about your brand!
Tips for hosting a spin-off of a popular TV game show at your booth:
- Before allowing attendees to play the game, make sure they provide their contact information.
- Provide questions that are difficult enough so not everyone wins, but not so difficult that no one wins.
- If your theme only allows 1 attendee to play at a time, then key the game short by putting a time limit on it. The timeline ensures that dozens of attendees get to play the game each day.
- Make sure the prize at the end of the game is worth the time it takes to play and enticing enough to attract a lot of participants.
5. Trade Show Photo Booth Game
Another way to keep your game offline and focused on your trade show booth is through the use of a photo booth. Photo booths are a great way to grab attention and get people talking about your brand.
Tips for hosting a photo booth:
- Hire promotional models to promote your photo booth. Their job should be to attract attention and encourage attendees to try out the photo booth.
- Provide props and other fun accessories for trade show attendees to wear.
- For branding purposes, make sure that your company’s contact information and name is printed on the photos.
- Attendees that want a copy of their photos must fill out a contact us form.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2013 but has since been completely revamped and updated for the accuracy, quality, and satisfaction of our readers.